- Crime & Courts
Man Shot at Starbucks Dies; Suspect Man who Fled Scene Believed to be Gang Member
16:52 JST, January 15, 2024
The man who was shot Sunday at a Starbucks outlet in Shikokuchuo, Ehime Prefecture, was later confirmed dead. The suspect man who fled the scene is believed to be a gang member, according to police investigators.
The man shot dead was Yuichiro Ishikawa, 49, of unknown occupation, who resides in the city.
The two entered the Starbucks Coffee shop, located on the premises of a large commercial facility, together at around 4:00 p.m. They moved to an outdoor terrace where the man fired what appeared to be a handgun multiple times toward Ishikawa’s chest from the front. The man fled the scene. There were other customers in the store at the time, but no one was injured.
The police are investigating whether there was some kind of trouble between the two men.
"Society" POPULAR ARTICLE
M4.8 Earthquake Hits Central Tokyo; No Tsunami Expected
JCG Captain Mistook ‘No. 1’ Position for Permission to Take off Prior to Haneda Accident; Voice Recorders Being Analyzed
Possibility of Warning-Level Snowfall in Tokyo’s 23 Wards; Heavy Snow Expected in Japan’s Kanto-Koshin Region (UPDATE 5)
Hepburn-Style Romaji Likely to Become Standardized
Over 10 Killer Whales Trapped Amid Drift Ice Off Coast of Hokkaido’s Shiretoko Peninsula
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Business Delegation, Chinese Premier Li Meet; Both Sides Tout Importance of Bilateral Economic Ties
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks