Japan’s Prince Hisahito Tests Positive for Coronavirus
12:25 JST, September 14, 2023
Prince Hisahito, the son of Crown Prince Akishino and Crown Princess Kiko, has become infected with the novel coronavirus, the Imperial Household Agency announced Thursday.
The prince, a second-year student at Senior High School at Otsuka, University of Tsukuba, in Bunkyo Ward, Tokyo, developed a fever after returning from school Wednesday, but tested negative with an antigen test.
However, his fever persisted, and he returned a positive result Thursday.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace