Govt to Lower COVID-19 Classification on May 8
19:43 JST, January 26, 2023
The government has decided on a plan to lower the classification of COVID-19 under the Infectious Diseases Control Law on May 8. COVID-19 is currently classified as a disease “equivalent to Category II” under the law, but the government plans to downgrade it to Category V, which includes the seasonal flu.
The government is scheduled to hold a meeting on coronavirus measures on Friday and officially endorse the decision.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace