Govt adds Macau travelers to those requiring negative test
12:46 JST, January 10, 2023
The government announced on Monday that all passengers on direct flights from Macau will also be obliged to submit a certificate of a negative test for COVID-19 upon arrival in Japan.
In addition to submitting a certificate of a negative test taken within 72 hours prior to departure from Macau, the passengers will be tested for COVID-19 at the port of entry into Japan, .
The new rule goes into effect on Thursday.
The government adopted the enhanced border control measure because it expects a number of passengers to come to Japan from mainland China via Macau during the holiday period of China’s Lunar New Year, which starts Jan. 22.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High