Japan Reports 188,607 New COVID-19 Cases
11:10 JST, January 9, 2023
Tokyo, Jan. 8 (Jiji Press)—A total of 188,607 new COVID-19 cases were reported across Japan on Sunday, with the daily total up by about 102,000 from a week earlier.
The country’s death toll from COVID-19 climbed by 301 on the day, while the number of severely ill COVID-19 patients stood at 671, up by three from the previous day.
In Tokyo, the daily number of new COVID-19 cases increased by some 5,900 from a week before to 15,124.
The Japanese capital logged 28 new COVID-19 deaths, while recognizing 55 infected people with severe symptoms under its criteria, up by one from the previous day.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace