Over 240,000 cases confirmed
18:16 JST, August 3, 2022
The total number of new cases of novel coronavirus exceeded 240,000 for the first time on Wednesday, according to a tally by The Yomiuri Shimbun. The previous nationwide record of 233,000 was logged on July 28.
On Wednesday, Tokyo logged 38,940 new cases, up 9,904 from the same day the previous week, marking the first week-on-week increase in the past three days.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)