Tokyo logs 31,593 new coronavirus cases
18:02 JST, July 26, 2022
Tokyo logged 31,593 new cases of novel coronavirus infection on Tuesday, an increase of about 190% from the same day the previous week.
The daily tally in the capital exceeded 30,000 for the first time in three days. This is also the first time for the figure to top the 30,000 mark on a Tuesday.
In Osaka Prefecture, there were 25,762 new cases on Tuesday, hitting the prefecture’s all-time high. The previous record was 22,498, logged on Saturday.
Record high daily cases were also reported in other prefectures, such as Aichi, Okinawa and Gifu, on Tuesday.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)