Tokyo marks 1st COVID-19 increase in 33 days
18:22 JST, June 15, 2022
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — Tokyo recorded 2,015 new COVID-19 cases Wednesday, marking a rise of 80 from a week before and the first week-on-week increase in 33 days.
There were three new COVID-19 fatalities in the capital.
The seven-day average of new cases fell 14% from a week earlier to 1,578.7. The number of severely ill patients rose from zero the day before to one.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace