4th round of vaccinations begins in Japan
13:50 JST, May 25, 2022
The fourth round of novel coronavirus vaccinations began in various parts of the nation on Wednesday for people aged 60 and older and those aged 18 to 59 with underlying medical conditions.
The vaccinations are intended to prevent people from becoming seriously ill.
According to the Health, Labour and Welfare Ministry, about 34.6 million people aged 60 or older will be eligible for a fourth inoculation by August, as at least five months will have passed since those persons’ third dose.
One of those inoculated on Wednesday was a 78-year-old doctor who received a shot of the vaccine made by Pfizer Inc. of the United States. “I live with my grandchildren, so that makes me feel better for the time being,” said the man, who was vaccinated at a venue in Minato Ward, Tokyo.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Finland confirm unity in dealing with Russia
- Mangaka Fujiko Fujio A dies at 88
- China’s aircraft carrier drills near Japan aimed at around-the-clock attack capability
- As wheat prices soar, Japanese food industry pushes rice flour as alternative
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs