4,764 new cases of coronavirus infection in Tokyo
17:35 JST, May 11, 2022
Tokyo logged 4,764 new cases of novel coronavirus infection on Wednesday, up 1,765 from a week before, according to the Tokyo metropolitan government.
The daily figure has now surpassed that of a week before for five consecutive days.
In Okinawa Prefecture, a record 2,702 cases were confirmed Wednesday.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- BOJ Member Sought Tweak in Easing
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes