Free coronavirus tests available at 5 major stations in Tokyo through May 8
14:34 JST, April 29, 2022
Free tests for the novel coronavirus are available at temporary testing sites near five major JR stations in Tokyo through May 8.
The testing facilities opened Thursday, ahead of the Golden Week holiday that started Friday, near Tokyo, Ueno, Ikebukuro, Shinjuku and Shinagawa stations.
People wishing to get tested need to make a reservation for a slot between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. The test result is available in 15 to 30 minutes.
The Tokyo metropolitan government is making an appeal to people to use the facilities before traveling to hometowns or holiday destinations.
“I came because I’ll be taking a trip to Kyoto during the holiday week with an elderly colleague,” said a 52-year-old man from Katsushika Ward at the testing site near Ueno Station. “I’m relieved I’ve tested negative.”
The central government intends to set up such facilities at about 100 places across the country, including at train stations and airports.
"Society" POPULAR ARTICLE
M4.8 Earthquake Hits Central Tokyo; No Tsunami Expected
JCG Captain Mistook ‘No. 1’ Position for Permission to Take off Prior to Haneda Accident; Voice Recorders Being Analyzed
Possibility of Warning-Level Snowfall in Tokyo’s 23 Wards; Heavy Snow Expected in Japan’s Kanto-Koshin Region (UPDATE 5)
Hepburn-Style Romaji Likely to Become Standardized
Over 10 Killer Whales Trapped Amid Drift Ice Off Coast of Hokkaido’s Shiretoko Peninsula
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Business Delegation, Chinese Premier Li Meet; Both Sides Tout Importance of Bilateral Economic Ties
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Japan Logs Trade Deficit of ¥9.29 Tril. in 2023
- Japan Business Delegation in Beijing for 1st Time in 4 Years; Participants Scheduled to Meet with Premier Li Qiang
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year