Tokyo’s daily new coronavirus tally dips below 5,000
19:14 JST, March 14, 2022
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — The daily number of new coronavirus infection cases in Tokyo came to 4,836 Monday, standing below 5,000 for the first time since Jan. 17, when the count stood at 3,713.
The latest figure was down by 538 from a week before.
According to the Tokyo metropolitan government, the seven-day average of new cases came to 8,631.9, down 16.9 pct from a week earlier.
In the Japanese capital, 17 new deaths were confirmed among COVID-19 patients, while the number of very ill COVID-19 patients under the metropolitan government’s criteria grew by one from Sunday to 64.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible