Tokyo reports nearly 13,000 coronavirus cases
17:54 JST, February 20, 2022
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — The Tokyo metropolitan government reported 12,935 new coronavirus infection cases Sunday, down 139 from a week before.
There were 17 fatal cases in the Japanese capital.
The seven-day average of new infections stood at 14,804.9, down 5.8% from a week before.
The number of severely ill COVID-19 patients under Tokyo’s criteria stood at 87, unchanged from Saturday.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- BOJ Member Sought Tweak in Easing
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)