Tokyo logs over 4,000 virus cases for 2nd consecutive day
17:51 JST, January 15, 2022
Tokyo confirmed 4,561 new cases of infection with the novel coronavirus on Saturday, up 3,337 from seven days before and exceeding 4,000 for the second consecutive day.
Osaka Prefecture logged a record 3,692 new cases on the day, surpassing the previous record of 3,004 set on Sept. 1 last year.
Okinawa Prefecture also confirmed a record 1,829 new cases, topping the 1,817 cases reported on Thursday.
In Hyogo Prefecture, the single-day figure hit a record 1,191 cases, exceeding the previous record of 1,088 set on Aug. 18 last year.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)