New coronavirus cases exceed 2,000 in Japan
17:57 JST, January 5, 2022
New coronavirus cases exceeded 2,000 nationwide on Wednesday, according to a Yomiuri Shimbun tally.
The Tokyo metropolitan government confirmed 390 cases on the day, up by 314 from a week ago. It was the first time since Sept. 26 that the daily tally in the capital has surpassed 300.
In Osaka Prefecture, 244 new infections were confirmed, exceeding 200 for the first time since Oct. 6.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)