Tokyo reports 33 new coronavirus cases
18:53 JST, December 19, 2021
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — Tokyo reported 33 new cases of novel coronavirus infection on Sunday, up by 20 from a week before.
It was the first time in two months that the infection total for a Sunday has topped 30.
The seven-day average of daily new cases in the Japanese capital rose 40.2% from a week before to 24.4.
There was no new death among COVID-19 patients. The number of severely ill patients counted under the metropolitan government’s criteria was unchanged from Saturday at three.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Finland confirm unity in dealing with Russia
- Mangaka Fujiko Fujio A dies at 88
- China’s aircraft carrier drills near Japan aimed at around-the-clock attack capability
- As wheat prices soar, Japanese food industry pushes rice flour as alternative
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs