Japan confirms 131 new COVID-19 infections
December 5, 2021
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — Japan confirmed 131 new COVID-19 infections on Saturday, while no new fatality was reported among infected people across the country.
The nationwide number of severely ill COVID-19 patients decreased by four from the previous day to 28.
In Tokyo, the metropolitan government reported 19 new infections and no new death.
Tokyo’s daily infection total increased by three from a week earlier but stayed below 30 for the 23rd consecutive day. The seven-day moving average of daily infections stood at 14.7, down 6.4% from the week before.
The number of severely ill patients under the metropolitan government’s standards was unchanged at two.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs
- Ajiichi Hojo / Modern flavors in a history-steeped building
- Japan-sponsored bridge opens in South Sudan, raising hopes for peace and development
- Defense minister to China: Concerns exist between Japan and China
- Japan scrambled aircraft 4.5 times more this May than last