Japan capital confirms 711 new infections, soars more than 200 from same day in previous week
16:45 JST, April 20, 2021
Tokyo confirmed 711 new cases of coronavirus infections on Tuesday, up 201 from the same day in the previous week, when there were 510 confirmed cases.
Tuesday marked the 20th consecutive day of week-on-week increases. The number of newly confirmed cases also exceeded 700 on a Tuesday for the first time since Jan. 26, when there were 1,026 cases.
According to the Tokyo metropolitan government, the average number of newly infected people in the past seven days was 629.3, up 27.9 % from 492 in the previous seven days.
The number of seriously ill COVID-19 patients increased by three from the previous day to 50.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace