Japan’s Top Spokesman: Originator Profile Tech Effective Against Misinformation
15:11 JST, August 4, 2023
Chief Cabinet Secretary Hirokazu Matsuno indicated Thursday that he believes a new digital technology called Originator Profile (OP) could be effective in combatting online misinformation.
“It’s one technology that will contribute to measures intended to prevent the spread of misinformation,” Matsuno said at a press conference.
The growing use of generative artificial intelligence could bring about increasingly sophisticated misinformation. OP, which would be one countermeasure, provides web users with third-party verified information about the source of text and other content on the internet, thereby allowing them to evaluate the trustworthiness of such content.
"Science & Nature" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japanese Government Unveils Liquefied CO2 Transportation Ship ‘Excool’
Bones from German Cave Rewrite Early History of Homo Sapiens
SLIM Lunar Probe Resumes Operation; Solar Panel Catching Light
SLIM Lander Powers Down for Long Lunar Night; JAXA Releases New Batch of Moon Snapshots
JAXA Unveils Portion of 2nd H3 Rocket Set to Launch Feb. 15; Success of Launch Dependent on Functionality of New Equipment
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023