U.N. Security Council Holds Minute of Silence on Ukraine War Anniversary
11:28 JST, February 25, 2023
UNITED NATIONS — The United Nations Security Council held a minute of silence Friday to mark the first anniversary of the Ukraine war, after Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba accused Russia of genocide against his country.
The homage of silence came only after Russia’s U.N. envoy Vasily Nebenzya insisted the council honor “all of those who perished,” in the conflict.
“All lives are priceless,” he said.
"NEWS SERVICES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japanese Actor-Director Kitano Says His New Film Explores Homosexual Relations in the Samurai World
Japan’s Nintendo Profits Jump as Its Game Sales Get a Boost from the Hit Super Mario Movie
Japan’s Nikkei Pares Early Gains as Investors Lock in Profits
Israel Searches for Traces of Hamas in Raid of Key Gaza Hospital Packed with Patients
Japan’s Nikkei Inches Down as Automakers Skid on Yen Strength
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible