- TRAVEL SPOTS
3.5 Mil. Rapeseed Flowers Bloom in Fukushima Pref.
6:00 JST, May 15, 2023
KITAKATA, Fukushima — Around 3.5 million rapeseed flowers have reached peak bloom at the Sannokura Plateau in Kitakata, Fukushima Prefecture.
The 8-hectare area, located 650 meters above sea level and overlooking the Aizu Basin, bustled with activity Saturday as people strolled around and snapped pictures amid the carpet-like spread of yellow flowers.
A 45-year-old office worker visiting with her family from Koriyama in the prefecture, said, “The sight of the rapeseed blossoms moving in the wind is very moving.”
"FEATURES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Kyoto Train Offers Passengers Journey Wrapped in Autumn Colors via Maple Tree Tunnel
Korea Craze in Japan Unlikely to End Anytime Soon; Shin-Okubo is a Hub of Korean Pop Culture, Food
Kintetsu Dept Store, Fujiya Open New Pekolicious Sweets Shop in Osaka
Nagasaki: Mom, Young Daughter Help Keep Mask-changing Chinese Art Alive
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises