- Travel Spots
Pink Peach Flowers Bedizen Japan Mountain Village
17:42 JST, March 19, 2023
HIGASHI-CHICHIBU, Saitama — Pink peach flowers have hit full bloom in the village of Higashi-Chichibu, Saitama Prefecture, delighting visitors to the village.
Local residents planted the peach trees about 20 years ago with the aim of utilizing dilapidated farmland. Now, about 2,000 of the trees adorn the mountainous village landscape.
“We came here in search of flowers to enjoy between the ume plum and cherry blossom seasons,” said Toshihiro Arai, a 67-year-old company employee visiting with his wife from Saitama City. “The blooms are so vivid.”
According to the village government, the flowers started blooming about a week earlier than usual due to the ongoing high temperatures.
The flowers will remain at their peak until around March 25.
"Features" POPULAR ARTICLE
Saga: Ryokan Japanese Inns with Hot Springs Offering Office Spaces to Remote Workers; Increasing Productivity
Fukuoka Castle to Come to Life Lit Up in 7 Different Colors
Shibuya Cafe Continues to Offer Experience of Listening to Masterpieces; Near 100-Year-old Cafe Maintains Traditional Atmosphere of Years Gone By
Kawazu-zakura Cherry Blossom Trees Adorn Riverbanks in Shizuoka Town; Blossoms Bloomed 5 Days Earlier than Last Year in Japan
Tokushima: Japanese Glass Eel Fishing Season Reaches Peak; Lights of Fishing Boats Create a Stunning View
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Current Account Surplus Doubles in ’23
- ‘All-country’ Stock Mutual Funds Popular with NISA Investors
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023
- Pressure Mounting for Wage Increases in Shunto Negotiations; Fears about the Response of Struggling SMEs
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager