- JAPAN IN FOCUS
Gifu: Parents, children plant 25 sakura saplings in park
10:31 JST, December 11, 2022
GERO, Gifu — Local parents and children planted cherry tree saplings at Maruyama Park in Gero, Gifu Prefecture, on Nov. 5.
The volunteer maintenance group, Maze-Nakagiri Satoyama Seibitai, takes care of the 1-hectare park, which has an observation deck and terrace, and is in charge of weed cutting and tree trimming.
About 40 participants planted 25 saplings of someiyoshino cherry trees, each about 1.8 meters tall, with the help of the volunteer group. A plaque with the name of the child who planted the tree was attached to each sapling so that the children could watch over its long-term growth.
“I hope this activity encourages people to use this park and deepen their attachment to their hometown,” said a representative of the group.
"FEATURES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Kyoto Train Offers Passengers Journey Wrapped in Autumn Colors via Maple Tree Tunnel
Korea Craze in Japan Unlikely to End Anytime Soon; Shin-Okubo is a Hub of Korean Pop Culture, Food
Kintetsu Dept Store, Fujiya Open New Pekolicious Sweets Shop in Osaka
Nagasaki: Mom, Young Daughter Help Keep Mask-changing Chinese Art Alive
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible