- JAPAN IN FOCUS
A unique take on a wine label
14:36 JST, September 7, 2021
KOSHU, Yamanashi — A person with disabilities has designed a wine label for one of the eight wineries at the Katsunuma Wine Village in Koshu, Yamanashi Prefecture. Only 1,000 bottles with the design are for sale.
The label is designed by Yuichiro Sekine, 21, an artist who is active in Kofu in the prefecture. Toumu Winery President Hideki Arasawa, 48, was moved by Sekine’s art and decided to put it on a wine label.
Sekine has Asperger’s Syndrome and was diagnosed with schizophrenia when he was 11. The design on the label is Sekine’s drawing based on a blood-red moon. He drew it using a black marker when he was 10.
“It would be great if people used the bottle as decoration after drinking,” Arasawa said.
"FEATURES" POPULAR ARTICLE
Kyoto Train Offers Passengers Journey Wrapped in Autumn Colors via Maple Tree Tunnel
Korea Craze in Japan Unlikely to End Anytime Soon; Shin-Okubo is a Hub of Korean Pop Culture, Food
Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
Kintetsu Dept Store, Fujiya Open New Pekolicious Sweets Shop in Osaka
Nagasaki: Mom, Young Daughter Help Keep Mask-changing Chinese Art Alive
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible