BTS’ J-Hope Becomes 2nd in Group to Enlist for Military Service
18:13 JST, February 26, 2023
J-Hope of BTS has started the process of enlisting in the military to fulfill his mandatory service, the K-pop band’s agency announced Sunday.
The 29-year-old is the second member of the globally popular group to enlist in the military, following Jin, 30, in December. The other members are expected to eventually fulfill their military service.
The agency is aiming for all seven members to resume their activities around 2025.
"CULTURE" POPULAR ARTICLE
Colorful, Intricate Handmade Kaga Thimbles Make Comeback with Modern Motifs
Hatsune Miku Turns 16; Vocaloid Software Same Age as Fictional Background
AI Helps Create New ‘Black Jack’ Manga Episode for Osamu Tezuka’s Iconic Maverick Doctor
75th Annual Exhibition of Shoso-in Treasures Ends in Nara; Over 115,000 Visitors Flock to Nara National Museum
Major Fashion Brands Taking Notice of Opposition to Exotic Leathers
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- BOJ Member Sought Tweak in Easing
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)