Tokyo Creative Salon Showcases Japanese Design in Milan
17:26 JST, April 19, 2023
MILAN — The organizers of the fashion and design festival, Tokyo Creative Salon, are showcasing pieces by Japanese creators at Milan Design Week in northern Italy for the first time this year.
The organizers aim to promote Tokyo Creative Salon at the Milan event, which started Tuesday and attracts visitors from around the world. They also hope to raise the profile of Tokyo’s design scene to help the Japanese capital become a creative hub on par with cities such as Paris and Milan.
Visitors at the Tokyo Creative Salon showcase in Milan received copies of a Japan News featuring supplement on the Tokyo design festival published in March.
"CULTURE" POPULAR ARTICLE
Colorful, Intricate Handmade Kaga Thimbles Make Comeback with Modern Motifs
Refugee Film Festival Starts in Tokyo with Documentaries from Afghanistan, South Sudan, Venezuela, Others
Director of New Godzilla Film Pursuing ‘Japanese Spirituality’ of 1954 Original
Hatsune Miku Turns 16; Vocaloid Software Same Age as Fictional Background
LVMH’s Top Jewelry Brands Occupy Entrance to Tokyo’s Omotesando
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace