Convenience store-brewed coffee to go up from ¥100
13:03 JST, September 19, 2022
FamilyMart Co. has announced that it will raise the price of freshly made coffee sold in its stores starting Sept. 27.
The price of Famima Cafe’s small-size iced or hot blend coffee will be raised to ¥110, including tax, from the current ¥100.
Seven-Eleven Japan Co. and Lawson Inc. have already raised the prices of their store-brewed coffee, meaning ¥100 coffee will soon become unavailable at the three major convenience store chains.
FamilyMart has also considered a price hike of onigiri rice balls and sandwiches between 1% and 17%.
"BUSINESS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains
3 Japan Railway Firms to Introduce System to Pay Fare by Tapping Credit Card at Ticket Gates
Suntory’s Hibiki Whiskey Price Planned to Increase by 125％; Demand Higher than Production
Energy Challenges / High Electricity Bills Overshadow Digitalization in Japan
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
- Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’