Sony adds $1 bil. to Epic Games investment
11:46 JST, April 13, 2022
SILICON VALLEY (Jiji Press) — Sony Group Corp. has invested an additional $1 billion in Epic Games Inc., the developer of megahit online game “Fortnite,” the U.S. company said Monday.
Epic also said it has received funding of $1 billion from Kirkbi, the family-owned holding company behind the Lego Group of Denmark, as well.
Through the investments, the three firms hope to deepen cooperation on the development of “metaverse” virtual reality platforms.
Sony Group’s latest investment in Epic came after the Japanese firm invested in the U.S. game developer in 2020 and again in 2021.
"BUSINESS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains
3 Japan Railway Firms to Introduce System to Pay Fare by Tapping Credit Card at Ticket Gates
Department Stores Stuff 2024 Lucky Bags with Family-friendly Experiences
Suntory’s Hibiki Whiskey Price Planned to Increase by 125％; Demand Higher than Production
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
- Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)