4-year wait may be norm for Toyota’s new Land Cruiser 300 series
15:26 JST, January 21, 2022
Toyota Motor Corp. expects delivery wait times for its new Land Cruiser 300 series sports-utility vehicles to reach up to four years, the automaker said.
The unusually long wait is due to a rush of orders from all over the world that far exceeds the company’s production capacity.
Toyota had said earlier that deliveries would take more than two years but updated the outlook after closely examining its production capacity and the situation with incoming orders.
“[The new series is] appreciated enormously in many countries. We’ll make our best efforts to shorten the waiting times for deliveries,” the company said in a statement.
"BUSINESS" POPULAR ARTICLE
Japan resumes entry of foreign tourists
Restaurant chains think outside box to blunt hit from soaring prices
Bread crusts, coffee beans transformed into craft beer by Japan brewing firm
Processing power: Robot speeds production at Nagoya food manufacturer
Philippines to call for banana price rise in Japan
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Finland confirm unity in dealing with Russia
- Mangaka Fujiko Fujio A dies at 88
- China’s aircraft carrier drills near Japan aimed at around-the-clock attack capability
- As wheat prices soar, Japanese food industry pushes rice flour as alternative
- Fukushima lab releases images of ‘highly likely’ UFOs