- WIDER WORLD
Tens of Thousands Rally in Jerusalem for Return of Hostages in Gaza
16:56 JST, November 20, 2023
JERUSALEM — Family members and supporters of around 240 people taken hostage by the Islamist group Hamas appealed to the Israeli government to seek the immediate release of their loved ones after completing a five-day long marching rally which reached Jerusalem on Saturday.
Tens of thousands of people left Tel Aviv on Nov. 14 and walked about 60 kilometers to Jerusalem. In front of the Prime Minister’s Office, the destination of their march, the participants called on the government to secure immediate release of the hostages who were taken from Israel to the Palestinian territory of Gaza on Oct. 7.
A participant, 40, said they wanted to see the smiles of their 9- and 15-year-old nieces as soon as possible. The girls are among the hostages.
"WORLD" POPULAR ARTICLE
Israeli Families Demand Release of Hostages of Hamas; Worried About Crossfire
New Delhi Presses Firms in Japan, South Korea to Set Up Semiconductor Firms in India
Japanese, Chinese, South Korean Foreign Ministers to Work Toward Summit
Japan, ASEAN to Strengthen Ties for Decarbonization in Bid to Boost Economic Growth
Mao Zedong Statue Disappears from Chinese City; Removal Possibly Directed by Authorities
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace