S. Korea: Pyongyang May Launch Third Military Reconnaissance Satellite by Nov. 30
12:57 JST, November 20, 2023
SEOUL — South Korean National Defense Minister Shin Won-sik said Sunday that North Korea may launch its third military reconnaissance satellite by the end of this month.
Shin told a KBS television program that the United States and South Korea are jointly monitoring Pyongyang’s preparations for a satellite launch.
“I suspect [North Korea] will launch a satellite within a week, or by Nov. 30 at the latest,” he said.
Shin provided no details, but said, “It would take a week” to put a rocket on the launch pad and inject liquid fuel at the Sohae Satellite Launching Station in Tongchang-ri, northwestern North Korea.
"WORLD" POPULAR ARTICLE
New Delhi Presses Firms in Japan, South Korea to Set Up Semiconductor Firms in India
Japan-Egypt Research Team Starts Excavation of What Might Be Egyptian King’s Tomb
Japanese, Chinese, South Korean Foreign Ministers to Work Toward Summit
Kim Jong Un’s Daughter Kim Ju Ae May Be His Heir, South Korea Suspects; North Korea Reportedly Calls Her ‘Female General’
Japan’s Kishida, South Korea’s Yoon Confirm to Cooperate Against N. Korea in San Francisco
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
- Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)