IAEA Chief Briefs Cook Islands PM on Japan’s Discharge Plan
13:53 JST, July 12, 2023
JAKARTA — International Atomic Energy Agency Director General Rafael Grossi briefed Cook Islands Prime Minister Mark Brown on the findings of the IAEA’s safety review of Japan’s plan to discharge treated water from the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant into the ocean.
Grossi discussed the IAEA report with Brown during his visit to the Cook Islands on Monday.
Grossi suggested a policy to maintain regular dialogue between the IAEA and Pacific island nations.
"WORLD" POPULAR ARTICLE
New Delhi Presses Firms in Japan, South Korea to Set Up Semiconductor Firms in India
Japan-Egypt Research Team Starts Excavation of What Might Be Egyptian King’s Tomb
Japanese, Chinese, South Korean Foreign Ministers to Work Toward Summit
Kim Jong Un’s Daughter Kim Ju Ae May Be His Heir, South Korea Suspects; North Korea Reportedly Calls Her ‘Female General’
Japan’s Kishida, South Korea’s Yoon Confirm to Cooperate Against N. Korea in San Francisco
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
- Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)