Chinese Authorities ‘Preparing to Down Unidentified Object’
14:37 JST, February 13, 2023
BEIJING — Various Chinese media have reported that Chinese maritime authorities in Qingdao, Shandong Province, issued a cautionary notice to fishing vessels Sunday evening regarding the authorities’ planned downing of an “unidentified object” flying over nearby waters.
As of Monday morning, however, there had been no such report from China’s state media.
The move could be seen as a response to the recent downing of suspected Chinese spy balloons by the United States.
Qingdao is home to the Chinese military’s North Sea Fleet, which includes the Liaoning aircraft carrier.
"World" POPULAR ARTICLE
North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager
India’s EV Market Expected to Accelerate; World Automakers Vie for Market Dominance
Ukraine Hopes to Attract Japanese Automakers
Sweden’s Submarine Fleet Ready to Set Off in Baltic Sea to Deter Russia
Myanmar’s Pro-Democracy NUG Seeks Strategic Intl Support; Official Asks Food Aid Not be Channeled Through Junta
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023