- Crime & Courts
Woman Dies After Being Found on Street in Kitakyushu on New Year’s Eve; Found Bleeding From Injuries to Face, Body
11:52 JST, January 1, 2024
The police received an emergency call at around 9:55 p.m. Sunday from a passerby who said a woman was lying on a street and bleeding in Moji Ward, Kitakyushu.
According to Fukuoka prefectural police, the women was sent to a hospital in an unconscious state but later died. She had sustained multiple injuries to her face and other parts of her body.
The police are investigating the circumstances surrounding the woman’s death and her identity, and are interviewing people who knew the woman and were near the scene,
The woman was found about 600 meters northeast of JR Mojiko Station.
"Society" POPULAR ARTICLE
M4.8 Earthquake Hits Central Tokyo; No Tsunami Expected
JCG Captain Mistook ‘No. 1’ Position for Permission to Take off Prior to Haneda Accident; Voice Recorders Being Analyzed
Possibility of Warning-Level Snowfall in Tokyo’s 23 Wards; Heavy Snow Expected in Japan’s Kanto-Koshin Region (UPDATE 5)
Hepburn-Style Romaji Likely to Become Standardized
Over 10 Killer Whales Trapped Amid Drift Ice Off Coast of Hokkaido’s Shiretoko Peninsula
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Business Delegation, Chinese Premier Li Meet; Both Sides Tout Importance of Bilateral Economic Ties
- Japan Logs Trade Deficit of ¥9.29 Tril. in 2023
- Japan Business Delegation in Beijing for 1st Time in 4 Years; Participants Scheduled to Meet with Premier Li Qiang
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year