- Crime & Courts
Tokyo District Public Prosecutors Office Searches House, Office of Ex State Minister of Justice Mito Kakizawa (UPDATE 1)
10:55 JST, December 14, 2023 (updated at 13:20 JST)
The special investigation squad of the Tokyo District Public Prosecutors Office began searching an office of former state minister of justice Mito Kakizawa at the Diet members’ office building in the Nagatacho district of Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo, and his house in Tokyo on Thursday morning over his involvement in an alleged violation of the Public Offices Election Law in connection with mayoral election of Koto Ward in Tokyo.
Kakizawa left the Liberal Democratic Party on Thursday.
Kakizawa is suspected of his involvement in alleged illegal posting of paid online advertisements by a camp of Yayoi Kimura, whom Kakizawa supported. Since October, the squad has searched Kimura’s home, the ward mayor’s office, Kakizawa’s local office in Koto Ward and other places.
"Society" POPULAR ARTICLE
M4.8 Earthquake Hits Central Tokyo; No Tsunami Expected
JCG Captain Mistook ‘No. 1’ Position for Permission to Take off Prior to Haneda Accident; Voice Recorders Being Analyzed
Possibility of Warning-Level Snowfall in Tokyo’s 23 Wards; Heavy Snow Expected in Japan’s Kanto-Koshin Region (UPDATE 5)
Hepburn-Style Romaji Likely to Become Standardized
Over 10 Killer Whales Trapped Amid Drift Ice Off Coast of Hokkaido’s Shiretoko Peninsula
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Business Delegation, Chinese Premier Li Meet; Both Sides Tout Importance of Bilateral Economic Ties
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Japan Logs Trade Deficit of ¥9.29 Tril. in 2023
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager