- Crime & Courts
Actor Seminosuke Murasugi Arrested on Suspicion of Buying Marijuana
15:06 JST, December 11, 2023
Police arrested actor Seminosuke Murasugi on Monday on suspicion of buying regulated substances.
According to the Fukushima Prefecture Police, the 58-year-old Murasugi is suspected of buying marijuana and other controlled substances on multiple occasions between early November of last year and mid-January of this year. Police said the suspect has admitted to the charges.
Murasugi contacted a dealer via social media and received the substances by mail, according to police.
Murasugi is a member of theater company Otona Keikaku. He has appeared in numerous TV dramas, including NHK’s “Dousuru Ieyasu” and “Amachan.”
"Society" POPULAR ARTICLE
M4.8 Earthquake Hits Central Tokyo; No Tsunami Expected
JCG Captain Mistook ‘No. 1’ Position for Permission to Take off Prior to Haneda Accident; Voice Recorders Being Analyzed
Possibility of Warning-Level Snowfall in Tokyo’s 23 Wards; Heavy Snow Expected in Japan’s Kanto-Koshin Region (UPDATE 5)
Hepburn-Style Romaji Likely to Become Standardized
Over 10 Killer Whales Trapped Amid Drift Ice Off Coast of Hokkaido’s Shiretoko Peninsula
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager