- Crime & Courts
Japan Supreme Court Justice Impersonated in Online Account Posting Comments on Yahoo News Portal’s Law-Related Articles
12:26 JST, November 28, 2023
An account posing as a Supreme Court justice has posted several comments to law-related articles on the Yahoo Japan news portal.
The name of the account is “Uga to moshimasu” (I am Uga) and uses a photo showing a person that appears to be Katsuya Uga wearing the judicial robe. The profile reads, “I am a justice of the Third Petty Bench of the Supreme Court and my expertise is in administrative law.” The account has posted at least four comments since Nov. 17.
Uga, 68, is just as described in the profile.
The Supreme Court asked Uga about the posts and found that all of them were not his.
"Society" POPULAR ARTICLE
M4.8 Earthquake Hits Central Tokyo; No Tsunami Expected
JCG Captain Mistook ‘No. 1’ Position for Permission to Take off Prior to Haneda Accident; Voice Recorders Being Analyzed
Possibility of Warning-Level Snowfall in Tokyo’s 23 Wards; Heavy Snow Expected in Japan’s Kanto-Koshin Region (UPDATE 5)
Hepburn-Style Romaji Likely to Become Standardized
Over 10 Killer Whales Trapped Amid Drift Ice Off Coast of Hokkaido’s Shiretoko Peninsula
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager