- Crime & Courts
‘I Stabbed Myself with My Own Knife,’ Said Woman at K-Arena Knife Incident in Yokohama
10:22 JST, November 26, 2023
YOKOHAMA — A woman taken to the hospital for bleeding in Yokohama on Thursday has admitted to stabbing herself with a knife, according to investigative sources.
The 48-year-old woman was found bleeding from the abdomen at the K-Arena Yokohama music arena in Nishi Ward, Yokohama. However, there were no witnesses of the attack, and the Kanagawa prefectural police were questioning the woman about the circumstances of the incident.
She was quoted by the police as saying, “I stabbed myself in the abdomen with a knife I had prepared.”
According to sources, the woman lives in Osaka Prefecture and was at the venue with her husband to attend a music event. She sustained minor injuries and has already been discharged from the hospital.
"Society" POPULAR ARTICLE
JCG Captain Mistook ‘No. 1’ Position for Permission to Take off Prior to Haneda Accident; Voice Recorders Being Analyzed
Possibility of Warning-Level Snowfall in Tokyo’s 23 Wards; Heavy Snow Expected in Japan’s Kanto-Koshin Region (UPDATE 5)
Over 10 Killer Whales Trapped Amid Drift Ice Off Coast of Hokkaido’s Shiretoko Peninsula
Earthquake Measuring Magnitude 4.3 Hits Kyoto Prefecture; No Tsunami Expected (Update 1)
One Month to go Until the Hokuriku Shinkansen Extension; the “First Train” Sells Out in 1 Minute
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Current Account Surplus Doubles in ’23
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks
- Japan Real Wages Fall at Steepest Pace in 9 Years in 2023
- Pressure Mounting for Wage Increases in Shunto Negotiations; Fears about the Response of Struggling SMEs
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager