- CRIME ＆ COURTS
LDP Factions Hit by Criminal Complaint
16:31 JST, November 20, 2023
TOKYO (Jiji Press) — A criminal complaint has been submitted on suspicion that political organizations of five factions of the ruling Liberal Democratic Party did not record a total of about ¥40 million worth of income from fundraising parties in political funds reports, according to informed sources.
The Tokyo District Public Prosecutors Office’s special investigation squad is proceeding with voluntary interviews with clerical staff of the organizations, the sources said Saturday.
The political funds control law obliges political organizations to list in their political funds reports the names of individuals and organizations that offered more than ¥200,000 at one party.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
Japan Child Porn Websites Draw Overseas Users; Experts Seek Measures as Operators Defiant
Earthquake hits Aomori, Iwate on Monday Morning; Seismic Intensity 4 in Aomori City
The Former Vocalist for Thee Michelle Gun Elephant Yusuke Chiba Died at the Age of 55(UPDATE 1)
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Japan Sees 2.52 Mil. Visitors in October, Exceeding Pre-COVID Levels
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Haneda Airport to Showcase Japan’s Master Craftsmanship to World with Luxury Store
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)