- CRIME ＆ COURTS
¥34 Million in Cash Reported Stolen at Tokyo Hotel; 3 Male Suspects at Large
21:05 JST, November 16, 2023
The theft of ¥34 million in cash at a hotel in Chuo Ward, Tokyo, was reported Thursday afternoon, according to the Metropolitan Police Department.
Police are searching for three male suspects who appear to be non-Japanese.
The man who reported the crime told police that he and four other men were talking to the suspects about buying gold in a room on the hotel’s 10th floor, the police said. The suspects dropped the gold on the floor and while the others were picking it up, the suspects replaced the cash on a table with counterfeit money and fled. The gold was also found to be counterfeit.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace