- CRIME ＆ COURTS
Lawyers say Takarazuka Woman was Overworked, Harassed; Demand Firms Take Responsibility for Death and Apologize
18:05 JST, November 10, 2023
Overwork and harassment are believed to have contributed to the death of a woman, who was a part of the Takarazuka Revue’s Sora troupe, lawyers of the bereaved family said Friday.
The woman, 25, who died in September, was allegedly forced to work long hours and harassed by her Takarazuka superiors, the lawyers said at a press conference in Tokyo.
The lawyers are demanding that Takarazuka Revue Co. and its operator Hankyu Corp. take responsibility for her death and apologize.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
- BOJ Member Sought Tweak in Easing
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes