- CRIME ＆ COURTS
Kabuki Star Ichikawa Ennosuke Admits to Assisting Parents Commit Suicide on 1st Day of Trial
14:43 JST, October 20, 2023
Kabuki actor Ichikawa Ennosuke admitted to the charge of assisting his parents commit suicide on the first day of his trial at the Tokyo District Court on Friday.
According to the indictment, Ennosuke, 47, whose real name is Takahiko Kinoshi, helped his parents take their own lives on May 17 at their home in Meguro Ward, Tokyo, by giving them water mixed with sleeping pills.
His father, the kabuki actor Ichikawa Danshiro, whose real name was Hiroyuki Kinoshi, was 76, and his mother Nobuko Kinoshi was 75.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace