- Crime & Courts
Ramen Shop Manager Found Dead in Suspected Murder at Yokohama Eatery
14:01 JST, September 16, 2023
YOKOHAMA — The manager of a ramen shop was found fatally injured at the eatery where he works in Yokohama on Friday evening, according to the police.
An employee of a nearby establishment called emergency services at around 7:20 p.m. to report that the store’s manager Hiroki Ohashi was lying in a pool of blood at the eatery, which is about 150 meters from Kami-Ooka Station.
The 33-year-old manager was transported to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Ohashi is believed to have been stabbed in the back and stomach. A kitchen knife police suspect was used to stab the manager was discovered at the scene.
No customers or other employees were at the eatery when Ohashi’s body was discovered.
"Society" POPULAR ARTICLE
M4.8 Earthquake Hits Central Tokyo; No Tsunami Expected
JCG Captain Mistook ‘No. 1’ Position for Permission to Take off Prior to Haneda Accident; Voice Recorders Being Analyzed
Possibility of Warning-Level Snowfall in Tokyo’s 23 Wards; Heavy Snow Expected in Japan’s Kanto-Koshin Region (UPDATE 5)
Hepburn-Style Romaji Likely to Become Standardized
Over 10 Killer Whales Trapped Amid Drift Ice Off Coast of Hokkaido’s Shiretoko Peninsula
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Business Delegation, Chinese Premier Li Meet; Both Sides Tout Importance of Bilateral Economic Ties
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks