- CRIME ＆ COURTS
Man Arrested on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Abalones in Kamaishi, Iwate Pref.
13:39 JST, August 20, 2023
KAMAISHI, Iwate — A man was arrested Saturday on suspicion of illegally possessing abalones in Kamaishi, Iwate Prefecture, in violation of the prefectural fishery adjustment regulations, the Kamaishi Coast Guard Office said.
The 25-year-old man, a company employee residing in the city, is suspected of illegally taking 102 abalones, including 101 with their shell length at or less than 9 cm, at a coastal area in the city around 1:10 p.m. on Thursday. A Coast Guard officer on patrol found him.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)