- CRIME ＆ COURTS
Sapporo Woman, Parents Arrested on Murder Charge
17:44 JST, August 14, 2023
SAPPORO — A 29-year-old woman and her parents were arrested Monday on suspicion of murdering a 62-year-old man who was found decapitated in a hotel room in Sapporo’s Susukino entertainment district, police said.
The Hokkaido prefectural police had already arrested the unemployed Runa Tamura, her 59-year-old doctor father Osamu, and her 60-year-old part-timer mother Hiroko — all from Atsubetsu Ward, Sapporo — on suspicion of destruction, possession and abandonment of a corpse.
According to a police announcement, the three were suspected of conspiring to fatally stab the company employee from Eniwa, Hokkaido, with a knife in the hotel room in Chuo Ward, Sapporo, sometime between the night of July 1 and the early morning of July 2. An autopsy revealed that the victim died of hemorrhagic shock.
The police arrested Runa and Osamu on July 24 and Hiroko on July 25, and the man’s severed head was found in the second-floor bathroom of the suspects’ house.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan, Vietnam Trade Ministers Discuss Supply Chains, IPEF
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Stimulus Package Set to Drive Greater Govt Borrowing; Likely Effectiveness Called into Question
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace