- CRIME ＆ COURTS
6 People Arrested on Suspicion of Speeding on Metropolitan Expressway
12:45 JST, July 27, 2023
The Metropolitan Police Department arrested six men Tuesday on suspicion of speeding on the Metropolitan Expressway.
The police believe the men are so-called roulette zoku, a term describing groups who drive at dangerously high speeds on the Metropolitan Expressway.
The men were suspected of driving cars at an average speed of about 108 kph on the Central Circular Route of the Metropolitan Expressway in Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo, and dangerously overtaking other vehicles for about 1.5 km at around 2 a.m. on March 21.
The legal speed limit on the expressway is 50 kph.
Five of the suspects have admitted to the allegations.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
Japan Child Porn Websites Draw Overseas Users; Experts Seek Measures as Operators Defiant
Earthquake hits Aomori, Iwate on Monday Morning; Seismic Intensity 4 in Aomori City
The Former Vocalist for Thee Michelle Gun Elephant Yusuke Chiba Died at the Age of 55(UPDATE 1)
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan’s Economy Contracts as Demand Wanes
- Sardines and Mackerels Blanket Beach in Hokkaido; Local Fishermen ‘Never Seen This Many’
- Tsunami observed in Japanese coast after the earthquake near Philippines (UPDATE2)
- Autumn in Full Swing in Kyoto
- Japan Railway Operators Eye Net-zero CO2 Emissions Via Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trains