- CRIME ＆ COURTS
Man Arrested on Suspicion of Stabbing Philippine Woman in Tokyo
13:13 JST, July 7, 2023
A 64-year-old man was arrested Friday on suspicion of attempted murder after stabbing a Philippine woman in Nerima Ward, Tokyo.
The suspect is an unemployed man who resides in the ward. He allegedly stabbed the woman, who is in her 40s, with a knife multiple times on the street at around 11:10 p.m. on Thursday, according to police. The man has allegedly admitted the charge, saying that he got angry because he was ignored by her.
The injured woman rushed to a nearby convenience store for help and a customer there called the police. Though the man fled the crime scene, investigators detained him at around 4 a.m. on Friday when he returned home.
According to police, the man had gotten into trouble at the restaurant where the woman worked.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace
- 69.7 Bil. Yen in COVID-19 Loans to Small Businesses Uncollectible
- AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)