- CRIME ＆ COURTS
Pharmaceutical Giant Eisai Hit by Ransomware Attack
12:36 JST, June 6, 2023
Pharmaceutical giant Eisai Co. said Tuesday that a number of its group servers have been hit by a ransomware attack, but to its knowledge, there have been no leaks of confidential material.
The company said it confirmed on late Saturday night that data on several servers had been encrypted in the attacks. To limit further possible damage, it cut off links with part of its domestic and overseas internal systems.
Eisai said it has been working in cooperation with experts and police to restore the system. The company is refraining from disclosing whether any monetary demands have been for confidential data being held hostage.
"SOCIETY" POPULAR ARTICLE
AI-generated Child Porn Floods Japan-based Website (Update 1)
Bears Sighted in Tokyo Suburbs, Including near Mt. Takao (Update 1)
Tokyo Dips below 10 C; Temperatures Fall in Japan
Junko Ohashi, singer of ‘Silhouette Romance,’ dies at 73
X Japan Bassist Heath Dies at 55; Yoshiki Thought to Have Returned to Japan for Him
JN ACCESS RANKING
- BOJ Ueda: Japan Increasingly Likely to Hit Inflation Target
- Exports of Nishikigoi Carp to China Halted; Permits for Japanese Aquaculture Facilities By China Have Expired
- Japan April-Sept. Current Account Surplus Hits Record High
- Food, Beverage Price Hikes Show Signs of Easing; Fuel Prices, Consumer Frugality Slowing Down Price Rises
- Japan 2023 Food Exports Reach 1 Tril. Yen at Record Pace