- Crime & Courts
Nagoya Woman Suspected of Trying to Flush Baby’s Body
17:02 JST, June 4, 2023
A 34-year-old woman who allegedly tried to flush her infant’s dead body down the toilet was arrested Sunday in Meito Ward, Nagoya, on suspicion of illegally disposing of a body.
According to the Aichi prefectural police, the woman allegedly attempted on Saturday morning to flush the body of a baby she had given birth to down the toilet in the apartment of a man she is involved with. The man and woman live in the same building.
She has admitted to the allegations.
The baby was a male child about 30 centimeters long. The body is believed to have gotten stuck in the toilet and not been flushed down.
The Meito Police Station is investigating the cause of the child’s death and what led to the disposal of the body.
"Society" POPULAR ARTICLE
M4.8 Earthquake Hits Central Tokyo; No Tsunami Expected
JCG Captain Mistook ‘No. 1’ Position for Permission to Take off Prior to Haneda Accident; Voice Recorders Being Analyzed
Possibility of Warning-Level Snowfall in Tokyo’s 23 Wards; Heavy Snow Expected in Japan’s Kanto-Koshin Region (UPDATE 5)
Hepburn-Style Romaji Likely to Become Standardized
Over 10 Killer Whales Trapped Amid Drift Ice Off Coast of Hokkaido’s Shiretoko Peninsula
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Business, Labor Leaders Reaffirm Vow to Raise Wages in Shunto Talks
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager
- M4.8 Earthquake Hits Central Tokyo; No Tsunami Expected