- Crime & Courts
Man in His 60s Stabs Junior High School Boy on Way to School in Tokyo
11:45 JST, May 10, 2023
A man attacked a junior high school student with a knife, stabbing the boy in the abdomen in Ota Ward, Tokyo, on Wednesday morning, local police said.
The boy was reportedly conscious at the scene and was transported to a hospital. Authorities arrested a man in his 60s who in the vicinity of the attack on suspicion of causing bodily injury and are investigating the matter.
The incident took place at around 8:05 a.m., and a passerby called 110, reporting that a boy had been stabbed with a knife in Nishi-Kamata, Ota Ward.
According to police, the boy was on his way to school. A kitchen knife, believed to be the murder weapon, was found near the scene.
"Society" POPULAR ARTICLE
M4.8 Earthquake Hits Central Tokyo; No Tsunami Expected
JCG Captain Mistook ‘No. 1’ Position for Permission to Take off Prior to Haneda Accident; Voice Recorders Being Analyzed
Possibility of Warning-Level Snowfall in Tokyo’s 23 Wards; Heavy Snow Expected in Japan’s Kanto-Koshin Region (UPDATE 5)
Hepburn-Style Romaji Likely to Become Standardized
Over 10 Killer Whales Trapped Amid Drift Ice Off Coast of Hokkaido’s Shiretoko Peninsula
JN ACCESS RANKING
- Japan Business Delegation, Chinese Premier Li Meet; Both Sides Tout Importance of Bilateral Economic Ties
- Japan Eyes 45 B. Yen in Aid for Optical Semiconductors
- Japan Logs Trade Deficit of ¥9.29 Tril. in 2023
- Japan’s Job Availability Ratio Rises for 2nd Straight Year
- North Korean Workers in China Riot over Unpaid Wages; 2,000 Occupy Factory, Kill Plant Manager